[Weekly Update] It's the forum's first anniversary!

Options
Tasha
Tasha Community Manager, Dailynista admin
edited October 2023 in Announcements

Hi Developers!

This week is special, as Monday, October 10, marks the one-year anniversary of publicly launching the peerConnection forum. Shout out to our inaugural members who will be receiving their nifty First Anniversary badge on their member profile.

A look back

If you click on the forum Welcome thread, you’ll see that posts started popping up in August of 2022.  That’s because we began with a group of 100 beta members.

Our new leaderboard

Today, there are more than 1,000 members in our forum, so it seemed like a fitting time to add a leaderboard recognizing our top contributors in the community.  As a community member, you can earn points in a number of ways, including:

• Receiving positive reactions on your posts
  • Answering other members' questions
  • Having your answers accepted by the original poster
  • Receiving forum badges

In the coming weeks, I’ll add official documentation on how forum points and the leaderboard work.

An AI & WebRTC demo you can try right now

Since the beginning, the goal of this forum has been to educate, inspire, and enable developers to create next-gen real-time video experiences.  In that spirit, I encourage you to check out the new Talk to an LLM demo. While it’s a light-hearted way to see AI applied to real-time video, it’s a useful jumping-off point to start experimenting with your own AI and WebRTC application. If you build something cool, be sure to share it!

Thanks to everyone who has made this the most supportive forum devoted to WebRTC and real-time video technology.

I’ll see you in the forum!

Tagged: