What are the simulcast changes should I do while updating Daily from 0.47 to latest version

Options
13»

Answers

• svm_agilis
    svm_agilis Member
    edited March 11
    Options

Hi @mark_at_daily
    I used these below encodings. These layers are exactly same as Daily's preset "quality-optimized" for video.

When the trainer stands still his video quality is okay. But when he makes any movements, his video starts pixelating for all participants at the same time. Video starts pixelating whenever the trainer makes any movements. Could you please inform why this could happen and how to avoid it.

I am attaching a webrtc internals file. Unfortunately I couldn't collect webrtc internals on trainer side. But I collect ed them on participant side. Could you please check them and let me know why this would happen? Also please let me know how to debug the issue.

Please use this text type=“inbound-rtp”, kind=“video”, ssrc=530176582, rtxSsrc=530176583, mid=12, [codec]=“VP8 (101)“, track=“3cd776d6-c4f7-48ee-b7c5-7ab71ec18b2d”, id=“IT01V530176582" to filter the data of inbound-video of trainer from webrtc internals file.

If you would like to check the trainer session logs, please use this Daily's session Id f467a8c6-a3c4-45f9-a1b3-fe5d7745d34b, and participant Id 56a1ba7e-e14a-4dee-b121-fdd6fe3d194b.

Please let me know if you need any other information.
    Thank you 🙂

• mark_at_daily
    mark_at_daily Community Manager, Dailynista admin
    edited March 12
    Options

When the trainer stands still his video quality is okay. But when he makes any movements, his video starts pixelating for all participants at the same time. Video starts pixelating whenever the trainer makes any movements. Could you please inform why this could happen and how to avoid it.

The key is ensuring that there's sufficient bandwidth for the resolution and frame rates that you're providing. If you expect moderate amounts of motion in the frame, then you'll want to consider either, increasing the bitrate or dropping the resolution.

For example, you might find that a 960x540 resolution might work better for your top later at the 800kbps bitrate that you're trying. I would suggest doing some experimentation to see what works best for your use case.

When testing, be sure to control for network performance to the best of your ability. You'll want to send and receive media from the same device and ideally that device is connected to the network via ethernet. This will help to control for network variation, allowing you to just experiment with bitrate, resolution, and frame rate settings.

• svm_agilis
    Options

Hi @mark_at_daily
    I am using Daily 0.57.0. In my application I use daily method startRecording to record owner's video and audio track. And also I use screenshare apis to to share only audio but not video. Below you can see the code for startRecoring and screenShare. When I share music, I see a black screen in the recorded video. I think when I share music, music with no video is getting prioritise over trainer video. Or only share music is getting recorded but not trainer video.
    Can someone please help, how to avoid this issue. Trainer audio and video should be on High priority not share music.