when leave meeting using python SDK, when will thread be removed?

Options
Dominic
Dominic Member
edited February 1 in Q&A

Hi, there

I am developing real-time meeting logic using Python SDK.

We set up a virtual user to connect on the server and configured logic to end the meeting if there is one participant. I referred to the github below.

https://github.com/daily-demos/ai-meeting-assistant/blob/10b132ead1e1914a329b79287019449195b3a562/server/call/session.py

Virtual users can access and send and receive data in the background. There's a problem here.
1. When CallClient.leave(), dummy_thread remains
2. If you leave the meeting room after the first request and enter the new meeting room with the second request, only one input among virtual camera/mic is updated.

I learned this while debugging, and the virtual input is also checked as playable, but only one is being output on the screen. (Set to enter cam/mic simultaneously)

Is there anything I can check here? It's hard to attach the code in relation to it, so I'll upload some debugging pictures and logs.

Printed an error that said worker could not be found and the thread automatically shut down, and I was wondering if this has anything to do with CallClient.

If you need anything else in the question, please let me know.

Regards,

Dominic

Answers

• aconchillo
    aconchillo Dailynista
    Options

Thank you Dominic. We have recently found the dummy thread issue and we are currently investigating it.

What version of daily-python are you using?

• Dominic
    Options

Daily 0.6.0 version!

Thanks

• Dominic
    Dominic Member
    edited February 2
    Options

Oh, I made a mistake. It's 0.5.4 version. and python 3.9 version

• aconchillo
    aconchillo Dailynista
    Options

Hi @Dominic. I just wanted to let you know that we reproduced the dangling threads issue and we are working on a fix that should be released very soon in the next daily-python release. We have also recently made some stability fixes that together with the upcoming fix should get rid of the other errors you were experiencing.

I'll update this thread once we release the new version. Thank you for your patience!

• Dominic
    Dominic Member
    Options

Hi, @aconchillo .

The problem was fixed it?
    If not, can I know when it will be updated?

• aconchillo
    aconchillo Dailynista
    Options

Hi @Dominic . We just merged the PR that improves performance (specially in large meetings) and that comes with a bunch of stability fixes (uses daily-python >= 0.7.0). Also, a duplicated log lines issue was also fixed. We have also solved some of the resources cleanup, but not all so you'll still see one dangling thread for every session.

• Dominic
    Dominic Member
    Options

Thank you for your response!