Meeting ended event in Bubble

Chimera
Chimera Member

Hello all. I am using Daily plugin in my Bubble app as well as API Connector to use Daily functionality that is not implemented in the plugin. I would need to execute some logic when a meeting in a room ends. I only found redirect_on_meeting_exit property of a meeting token, but that works only when participant clicks on Exit button. I need a surefire way of knowing when all participants left. Shame there are no webhooks for this

I tried using custom JS to listen to events of the iframe, but with no success.

Thanks for help!

Tagged:

Answers

• mark_at_daily
    mark_at_daily Community Manager, Dailynista admin

Hi @Chimera. We're working on adding new webhooks. The current plan is to add:
    - Meeting start/end
    - Participant joined/left

We're trying hard to finish up that work this quarter. We'll post more about this in our changelog and newsletter once this functionality is available to test.

• @mark_at_daily Hello Mark, thanks for letting me now. So currently there is no way of knowing if the call ended besides recurrent API requests for meeting information?

Best of luck

• mark_at_daily
    mark_at_daily Community Manager, Dailynista admin

There are workarounds possible. For example, there's a participant-left event (docs) emitted when participants leave. There's also a participantCount() method (docs) which tells you the number of participants in a call. Through a combination of those two, you could write application logic that determines when all participants have left the meeting.

This is all possible with both daily-js and Daily Prebuilt. As for the Bubble app, I'm not sure. That's developed and maintained by one of Daily's partners, called Lunch Pail Labs. You can reach out to them ([email protected]) for some assistance if you hit any issues using these APIs.