Meeting ended event in Bubble

Options
Chimera
Chimera Member

Hello all. I am using Daily plugin in my Bubble app as well as API Connector to use Daily functionality that is not implemented in the plugin. I would need to execute some logic when a meeting in a room ends. I only found redirect_on_meeting_exit property of a meeting token, but that works only when participant clicks on Exit button. I need a surefire way of knowing when all participants left. Shame there are no webhooks for this

I tried using custom JS to listen to events of the iframe, but with no success.

Thanks for help!

Tagged:

Answers

• mark_at_daily
    mark_at_daily Community Manager, Dailynista admin
    Options

Hi @Chimera. We're working on adding new webhooks. The current plan is to add:
    - Meeting start/end
    - Participant joined/left

We're trying hard to finish up that work this quarter. We'll post more about this in our changelog and newsletter once this functionality is available to test.

• Chimera
    Options

@mark_at_daily Hello Mark, thanks for letting me now. So currently there is no way of knowing if the call ended besides recurrent API requests for meeting information?

Best of luck

• mark_at_daily
    mark_at_daily Community Manager, Dailynista admin
    Options

There are workarounds possible. For example, there's a participant-left event (docs) emitted when participants leave. There's also a participantCount() method (docs) which tells you the number of participants in a call. Through a combination of those two, you could write application logic that determines when all participants have left the meeting.

This is all possible with both daily-js and Daily Prebuilt. As for the Bubble app, I'm not sure. That's developed and maintained by one of Daily's partners, called Lunch Pail Labs. You can reach out to them (help@lunchpaillabs.com) for some assistance if you hit any issues using these APIs.