Python SDK or Iot Sender in Chromium

Options

Question for Devs,
In a lightweight linux environment like a Raspberry Pi, what would be less resource intensive/ lower latency. Python SDK to send videofeed, or the javascript iot-sender running in chromium?

Answers

• marco
    marco Moderator, Dailynista admin
    Options

Interesting question! What's your use case? It might depend on the bigger picture / what you are trying to do.

• vr000m
    vr000m Dailynista
    Options

if your video app within raspberry pi is expected to be straightforward, handling one media stream or is a unidirectional (per camera), I think the Python library is perfect.

The reason to use chromium or JavaScript on raspberry pi would be preferring ease of development over performance.

• maxwelllwang
    maxwelllwang Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

On my jetson nano

python3.8 -m pip install daily-python
    Collecting daily-python
    Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement daily-python (from versions: )
    No matching distribution found for daily-python

• maxwelllwang
    Options

python3.8 -m pip install daily-python
    Collecting daily-python
    Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement daily-python (from versions: )
    No matching distribution found for daily-python

# python3.10 -m pip install daily_python-0.3.1-cp38-abi3-manylinux_2_35_aarch64.whl
    ERROR: daily_python-0.3.1-cp38-abi3-manylinux_2_35_aarch64.whl is not a supported wheel on this platform.
    # python3.10 -V
    Python 3.10.11
    # uname -m
    aarch64

• maxwelllwang
    Options

i think you also need glibc version > 2.35. Currently looking for a container that supports this, is there a way to build this from source?

• maxwelllwang
    Options

Or can you provide a version that is compatible with lower version of glibc, for those running ubuntu bionic or focal

• aconchillo
    Options

Hi! As mentioned in GH we'll try to build a version that works well in previous glibc versions as soon as possible. Thank you for your interest and feedback! As @vr000m mentioned, for a Raspberry Pi definitely much better to use the Python SDK.

https://github.com/daily-co/daily-python/issues/10

• ruhiparveen
    Options

To use Python SDK for IoT data transmission in Chromium