Pre-Built like UI/UX in Custom app

Options
Shammy
Shammy Member

Hi, this may be asking for too much but i'll ask anyways :)

When creating a custom app, we want to bring in a lot of elements your pre-built interface. Do you have any sort of article or documentation on how we can emulate the look and feel and then also add our custom elements?

This gives us a great leg up on our app.

Thanks!

Answers

• Tasha
    Tasha Community Manager, Dailynista admin
    Options

Hi @Shammy thanks for asking!

While we don't have a doc that specifically explains how to emulate the look and feel of Prebuilt, you can find information about all of the features offered within Prebuilt here.

• If you see a feature in the list that you'd like to add to your custom app, you can search our documentation for information on how to implement it.
    • For example, if you want to add a chat panel, type "chat" into the documentation search bar and this doc will be returned which explains how to build a custom video chat interface.

I know that you are in the process of building a custom app, but you may want to reconsider using Prebuilt and taking advantage of the customization options. You can also add features to Prebuilt via our Prebuilt Integrations API.

I know this wasn't exactly what you were looking for, but I hope it helps! If you have additional questions, let us know!

• Shammy
    Options

Tasha, thank you for such a thoughtful response. Yes, rebuilding using Prebuilt was not one of the options I was considering. However, Prebuilt offers quite a few options that we would have to work on implement ourselves.

So, before we were to pivot from here, can I send an email and take this private with a list of what we specifically need and maybe someone on your end could raise flags around what may not be possible with the Prebuilt Integrations API?

thanks so much.

• Tasha
    Tasha Community Manager, Dailynista admin
    Options

Sure thing!

Please send your message to help@daily.co and then I'll work with our support team to make sure you get the help you need!

When you send the email, be sure to include a link to this thread. That will help us pick right up from where we left off.

• Shammy
    Options

Email sent.