How to avoid screenshared audio while recording?

Options
Karthik
Karthik Member

Hi,
We are using recording feature, with the following configuration,
We have a requirement to toggle the screenshare audio recording. Which configuration or property need to add to achieve it?

Answers

• marco
    marco Moderator, Dailynista admin
    Options

Hey @Karthik — on your app, does the participant that started the recording have the choice of whether or not they'd like to include screen share audio? Or rather would you like to ALWAYS include screen share audio IF screen share audio is available?

I will check with our recording eng team about your question — just want to make sure I understand the use case.

• Karthik
    Options

Hi @marco ,
    In our app, we would like to implement the feature that the participant who started the recording(owner) should have the choice to include screen share audio or not in the recording.

• marco
    marco Moderator, Dailynista admin
    Options

Hi @Karthik I checked in with the engineers that work on recordings, and unfortunately the granularity to allow you to say: "I want to get a participant's mic audio but not their screenshare audio" is not yet available. You could set layout.participants.audio in an updateRecording() call and pass the explicit list of participants whose audio should be included, but it doesn't differentiate between mic and screenshare audio.

Have you considered disabling the screenshare audio track at the sender client side instead? Or is this a situation where you'd like the screenshare audio to be shared during the call, but not in the recording afterwards?

Either way, I will submit a detailed feature request for this gap.

• Karthik
    Options

Hi @marco ,
    Thanks for your reply,
    No we don't want to disable the screenshare audio at the sender client side. We want to share this audio among participants during the call. but we don't want to record this screenshare audio.