3rd party cookies

Options
Calvin
Calvin Member

Hello Everyone, I just started having an issue today with 3rd party cookies on my embed. I"m using Daily embed in a bubble.io and this morning it seems the "Google Default" to block third-party cookies has reached me (if that's the case anyways).

I'm using Daily html embed and all meetings are private with token
The meetings start fine outside of my site but not inside my site.
The meeting starts fine when I turn on "Third-party cookies"
The issue is only when "Allow Third Party cookies" are off

I also use Whereby meeting platform and I don't have this issue, for it seems whereby authenticates "mydomain.com" and thus Google doesn't see whereby as a third party somehow.

Is there anything I can do with daily to make it not need third-party

Answers

• marco
    marco Moderator, Dailynista admin
    Options

Hey Calvin — could you share a session ID for one of the calls where you ran into this issue, please? I can take a look at the logs and make recommendations based on what we find.

If you are not sure how to find the session ID, you can go to https://dashboard.daily.co/sessions and find the history of past sessions on your domain. If you are on a live session and want to get the session ID, you can always grab it from the browser console.

• marco
    marco Moderator, Dailynista admin
    Options

Hey Calvin — following up to let you know we released a fix for this issue. Thanks again for the help troubleshooting via chat. If you run any any other issues, let us know!