How to mirror the video while recording? Or flip text horizontally on recorded video?

Hi

I am recording a owner's video and adding some text to the recorded video. And I am using this recording video and it should be mirrorred. But when we mirror this video, the text on the recorded video is also mirrored.

So is there a way to mirror the video while recording?

Or, is there any property to flip the text that we add to the recording video? like text.transform_scale_x: -1 or text.flip_text =true

Answers

• daily_joey
    daily_joey Moderator, Dailynista admin

Hi @svm_agilis !

At the moment, we don't have controls for mirroring video streams or VCS assets during composition, so I would need to check with the engineers for whether this functionality could be added.

Do you have an example screenshot that you can share that shows the input video, the text that is being applied, the current and desired output, and some information on why the resulting recording needs to be mirrored during playback?

• Hi @daily_joey !

Thanks 🙂

we do run a fitness class where trainer(owner) show participants how to do exercise. We need to mirror the trainer video(or recorded trainer video), so that they can easily understand the training which trainer gives.

desired text on the recorded video after mirroring:

03:00

AR Snatches

Next: AR sprint

current text on the recorded video after mirroring:

• daily_joey

@svm_agilis thank you for the additional info!

Are the users that are broadcasting their video using any kind of "camera software" that is applying a mirror effect before the video track is passed into Daily?

Or is there some other inherent reason the video track needs to be mirrored after it is recorded?

• Hi @daily_joey

No, we are not using any kind of software to mirror the video. We use only CSS to mirror the video. I can say that video which is passed to daily for recording or for sending it to other participants, is not mirrored. We need to mirror the video, so that participants can exactly match what trainer does and they are habituated to that way.

Thank you 🙂

• daily_joey

Hi @svm_agilis I've flagged this for the team as a feature request! If there are any additional questions/comments I can follow up.

• Thank you @daily_joey

Please let me know if you have any updates on this.