multi-cursor option built with Daily - but with vendor lock in?

Options

Hi all - I love daily.co and have integrated it into my own site for audio/video needs. I'm also very interested in following the instructions in this post:

My main concern in using daily for this however is the vendor lock in. While I don't plan on stopping to use daily.co, I also am worried that using this library as is locks my multi-cursor implementation into Daily.co's library. Is there any way that part of the daily.co library responsible for doing the app-message events could be open sourced? Or is it already? Thanks much!

Comments

• Tamara
    Tamara Moderator, Dailynista admin
    Options

Hi there,

Thank you for your message, we appreciate the feedback!

I'll share your concerns and question with the team and we'll make sure to follow up with you here on their findings.

• Tamara
    Tamara Moderator, Dailynista admin
    Options

Hi,

I checked with the team on this, and while sendappmessage is not open source, it can be wrapped with whatever mechanism you please, and you can swap it in your codebase to listen for changes that are propagated by other means (ie your own server).

Let me know if this servers your use-case, and if you have any additional/other questions we can help with!