what are the possible errors and most common errors while joining a call ?

Hi

when use callObject.join() method to join the call, if this promise fails then throws an error.

as such I know one error that is "Meeting is full". In the same way what are the other possible and more frequent errors that might occur?

can we show all such error message directly to the end users, so that they can understand the issue easily. I mean are all these error messages easily understandable by the end users?

Answers

• daily_joey
    daily_joey Moderator, Dailynista admin

Hi @svm_agilis ,

Unfortunately we don't have a convenient list of the possible errors that the Daily API emits, but there's definitely a lot of utility for this and I've flagged this for our team as something to make available in the future.

As for how to handle errors, Daily has fatal and non-fatal errors in addition to feature-specific errors (like recording and livestreaming errors). The type of error can be used to determine whether to, for example, retry an action, trigger a refresh of the application, or notify the user. It is up to the developer to determine what user experience is best for their specific implementation.

In general, the error messages returned by Daily should contain enough information for debugging purposes but are not necessarily intended to be shown to end users, and may not contain all of the information needed by a user to fully resolve an error, so keep this in mind when deciding how to expose the error messages.

If you have questions about specific error messages you're getting, we would be happy to assist!

• Thanks 🙂 @daily_joey