Updating react-native-webrtc

MSek
MSek Member

Hi,

I've tried to publish android application that uses daily, but the app was rejected because of "Vulnerable WebRTC version".

The app uses newest tag of daily WebRTC fork

react-native-webrtc-2022-12-14-1.94.1-daily.8

So the question is what I can do to address this issue?

Sorry if it is wrong place/category to post this :)

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Tasha
    Tasha Community Manager, Dailynista admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @MSek

I have some follow-up info from the Daily engineering team that will hopefully help you:

• The error message that you shared is actually a warning related to usrsctp, a third-party library that was previously used for WebRTC data channels.
    • Daily doesn’t use or expose any data channel APIs in our library for react-native, so this vulnerability can’t be exploited using our SDK react-native-daily-js.
    • We are in the process of upgrading to WebRTC M106. Once that is complete, you will no longer see the warning. 
    • In the meantime, Google states in its FAQ that the publication status of your app will be unaffected by the presence of this issue.

So you should still be able to proceed with publishing your app even when this warning appears. If you have any questions about this or find that you still cannot publish your app, let us know.

Answers

• Tasha
    Tasha Community Manager, Dailynista admin

Hi @MSek this is the place to post. Thanks for the heads up!

I have notified the engineering team at Daily and they are looking into it. We'll follow up with more info for you later today.

• Thanks!

I've had another issue which was the main reason for rejection, but the WebRTC warning was more prominent in the console so i've wrongly assumed it is the reason :)