Missing one participant on callObject in a call of 2 participants ?

Hi

We have 2 participants in the call, on this side it only shows 1(Please ignore the fake participant).

Here is the session id: a6cdbe8e-2441-4932-b934-f00bca99bbf5

In here, in the session I can see 2 participants, but on one of the participant, it does not show second participant.

The missing participant is 2f14bcaa-6ba7-493e-b31a-ef65438c07e9 on Andrine 's side.

0.34.1 is the daily version here.

I also think this could be one of the reason, After fetching stun info, we do not get the remote participant data .

Answers

• daily_joey
    daily_joey Moderator, Dailynista admin

Hi @svm_agilis , thank you for all of the details! I'm checking with the team to review the logs for the session IDs you shared and will follow up.

• daily_joey
    daily_joey Moderator, Dailynista admin

Hi @svm_agilis , I think you might have already resolved this issue but I suspect this may have been caused by inadvertently creating multiple call objects.

If you update to daily-js version (0.38.0 at the time of writing) I believe we've added logic that will log an error if multiple call objects are detected. The API doesn't support this right now but we're working on improving this! In the meantime, you should double check your application logic to make sure that only one call object exists at a time, and the destroy() method is called properly before attempting to instantiate a new call object.

If you continue to have issues after updating, please share additional session IDs or code snippets and we can take a look!