Music Mode For Sound of Share Screen

We want to create a separate sound channel to share the music with in the our VC. What we have done is that we have used the sharescreen feature and stopped the video of it.This way it serves our purpose, we are able to share music from youtube or any other website but the quality of sound is not good. How can we improve this sound quality.

I got a way like by specifying micAudioMode as music while create Iframe:

dailyConfig: { micAudioMode: 'music',  },

Will this will be applied on share screen music channel also. Can there be a better way. Please suggest whats the best way to create a music channel to share music from youtube or any other website and also the way to make share screen sound quality better.

Best Answer

• Tasha
    Tasha Community Manager, Dailynista admin
    edited January 2023 Answer ✓

Hi @ShubhamP here's some information from our Engineering team that I hope will help you here:

• When providing micAudioMode: 'music' this setting also applies to screenAudio tracks, but only in SFU mode.
    • The audio track will be stereo (2 channels) with a bitrate of 256000.
    • An alternative is to start a custom track, which you can do with Daily SDKs. Playing custom tracks is not supported in Daily Prebuilt yet - but your use case has been shared with the Daily Product team.

Let us know if you have additional questions about this.

Answers

• Tasha
    Tasha Community Manager, Dailynista admin
    edited January 2023

Hi @ShubhamP this is interesting, and I appreciate your workaround, but yeah - sound quality is obviously important.

I'm reaching out to the engineering and support teams at Daily to see if they can suggest a better way to do this. Stay tuned...

• Thanks @Tasha, It will be really helpful.