Screen Sharing for iPad

Hi! I was wondering if there was a way to enable iPad screen sharing as iPad is used by more users around the world for work it might be useful for screen sharing

Tagged:

Answers

• vr000m
    vr000m Dailynista

Not sure if this will work for prebuilt given that this is restriction from Safari/WebKit on iOS. Fore react-native apps, it may already be available.getDisplayMediawas implemented in react-native-webrtc, it means that this is now built in to the react-native framework.

On the Daily side, we have not tested this out yet. Perhaps, something we should test out on Android and iOS. My guess is that we should callMediaDevices.getDisplayMedia() and manually pass the screen's mediastreamtrack.

• karl
    karl Member, Daily Alumni

@vr000m I can give this a shot with Prebuilt on an iPad, but the CanIUse... report is not encouraging: https://caniuse.com/?search=getDisplayMedia, and I haven't seen anything from WebKit or Apple to know what their plans are (currently, the mobile space as a whole is basically a big no-go for screen sharing).

• @karl it would be good just to test it out, if it works great! But if not that’s fine aswell. Just a thought from my end 😊

• vr000m
    vr000m Dailynista

I think on iOS the screenshare privay model and background model is probably quite complex. But worth testing on Android (as they are able to put audio in a browser into the backgroud).

Definitely doable via react-native-webrtc