Forum Post Formatting Options
peerConnection offers a rich text editor that allows you to format your forum posts in the following ways:
Upon selecting text, several options appear allowing you to apply the following formatting: bold, italic, strikethrough, codeblock, and hyperlink.
✔️ TIP: With text selected, you can also use the following keyboard shortcuts:
Click into a paragraph to display a paragraph-level formatting menu to the left, as shown below.
The options in each category are as follows:
Special formatting example
While spoiler text is always visible while editing the post, it will automatically be collapsed when published until a user manually clicks to view it. This ensures each user can decide whether or not to view the content in question.
Here are a few tips when working with lists:
- Type "-" and press space to begin a bulleted list.
- Press enter/return to drop down to the next bullet.
- Press enter/return twice to end the bulleted list.
- Type "1." and press space to begin a numbered list.
- Press enter/return to drop down to the next number.
- Press enter/return twice to end the numbered list.
Rich Editor supports the following markdown-based macros:
There are two ways to insert images into a post:
- Users with permission to upload images can do so via the Upload Image icon highlighted below.
- You can also drag and drop images into the editor.
Select an image to enable the following management options (discussed from left to right):
- Float - You can float the image left, center, or right.
- Size - Three generic sizing options are available: small, medium, and large.
- Alt text - Click this icon to display the Alt Text dialog where you can update an image's alt text to help with accessibility and improve SEO.
- Delete - Click the trashcan icon to remove the image. Note that no confirmation is provided, and the action is immediate.
Mentions are a quick and easy way to notify other users about certain comments and discussions that may interest them.
Depending on the mentioned user’s notification settings, they’ll either:
- see a pop-up directly in the community
- or receive an email telling them that they’ve been mentioned with a link to the content.
To mention someone, simply type “@” and then start typing the user’s name. As you type, a list of suggested users will display; continue typing to narrow down this list.
- Mentions are sorted with case sensitivity, and accents are included to allow for more precise matching. All characters except for "@" are supported.