Getting Started with Daily Prebuilt: Live Demo Recording, Q&A follow up

2»

Comments

• Ahh, we are getting closer. Where do I need to run the cURL command to create the token?

• nienke
    nienke Moderator, Dailynista admin

You can run the curl command in your terminal. If you're on a MacBook, you can use the standard terminal that comes with it. Here's a handy guide: https://macpaw.com/how-to/use-terminal-on-mac. If you're on a Windows machine, I've heard some great things abiout Windows Terminal. Good luck!

• rs
    rs Member

Could you please clarify the recording pricing? is it 0.003 / minute stored / day? So if I make a 20 min recording and store it for 5 days, as per your example, it'll cost me 0.003 * 20 minutes * 5 days = 0.3?

• Tamara
    Tamara Moderator, Dailynista admin

Hi there, happy to help out with this.

We calculate these costs as follows: 20 min = a 1200 second recording x 5 days of storage = 6000

This we divide by 1800 (30 days in a month * 60 seconds in a minute) and finally, we multiply the quantity by the recording storage rate ($0.003):

• 6000 / 1800 = 3.33 * $0.003 = $0.01

For recordings not stored on Daily's servers (i.e. locally saved recordings, or stored using your own S3 bucket) there are no additional storage charges.