Your camera: built in or external?

Options
2»

Comments

• vr000m
    vr000m Dailynista
    edited October 2022
    Options

On my desk setup, I have the Logitech Brio and when on the move the Facetime Camera suffices.

In addition, because of my past life in call quality, I have a host of cameras from Logitech C9xx series ($50, $100 versions), Poly Studio (this was meant for a small conference room, does face tracking and zooms out if there are multiple people in the viewing area). Alas, I work alone from my home office, so some of these features are for naught.

More recently, I acquired the Opal C1 (which use a 4K Sony Sensor). Unfortunately, my evening lighting sucks, as I have not acquired the ring lights...

• kwindla
    kwindla Community Manager, Dailynista admin
    Options

I use a Logitech PTZ Pro every day, and often recommend it to people who have a larger room with a table and TV setup, need to accommodate multiple people in one room, or -- like me -- prefer to do video calls while sitting on a couch. :-)

The PTZ Pro pans, tilts, and zooms and comes with a tiny little remote control that has buttons to do all of those. It also stores a few preset positions, and you can mute the camera with a button on the remote, as well.

• cbrianhill
    Options

I sort of defaulted (laptop lid closed) to a cheap, but reasonably good, external camera (Logitech C920) with a small ring light since I get natural light in the office, but only on one side of my face 😂

• marcovidonis
    Options

I default to my built-in webcam, mostly because I'm not on video calls all that often. I'm thinking of getting an external camera for better quality and I'm sort of pondering about getting a Sony APS-C mirrorless, but it's a bit hard to justify the cost for my needs...

• aconchillo
    Options

External camera Logitech C920 and MXL AC-404 as microphone which is better than the one that comes from the camera. The MXL AC-404 sits just in the table beneath the monitor and it doesn't take too much space.

• Tasha
    Tasha Community Manager, Dailynista admin
    edited October 2022
    Options

@marcovidonis that Sony APS-C looks really nice. I fell down a new rabbit hole learning about "mirrorless" cameras. 🤩

@aconchillo thanks for posting those pics. It helps to see how stuff actually looks set up.