Video and Audio components
We've just switched over to the Daily Hooks library and it's great! But it got me thinking... It would be amazing if Daily provided a video + audio component for React.
Across the Daily demos, there are so many different ways that video and audio is used. Each with differing best practices and browser hacks.
* Using persistentTracks vs not
* Extra checks for Chrome92 to call video.load
* Using addEventListener("canplay") vs autoPlay
* Combining audio streams vs creating an audio element for each stream
* Chrome workarounds, iOS workarounds etc.
One DailyVideo + DailyAudio component would be so good, so I can rip out my crappy hacks and use your best practice hacks :)
Anyway, thanks Daily.co for the awesome platform!
thank you for the great feedback!
Good news: this is already in our pipeline and we're actively working on
DailyAudiocomponents, which intend to do exactly what you're proposing! The components will be based on Daily Prebuilt's implementation, so they're battle-tested and include our best version of implementing audio and video with daily-js and daily-react-hooks!
Rockstars! Let me know if you need a beta tester :)1